Code of Conduct
Östberg Group´s Code of Conduct is based on the 10 principles developed within the framework of the UN Global Compact. Code of Conduct deals with human rights, labor law, the environment and anti-corruption. These areas cover the essential elements of the responsibility that are natural to take for all the Group’s companies. The basic principles of the code of conduct are:
- Östberg Group supports and respects the protection of international human rights.
- Östberg Group is not involved in violations of human rights.
- Östberg Group maintains freedom of association in accordance with local law and all employees are free to start or participate in trade union activities. Östberg Group acknowledges the right to collective bargaining regarding employment conditions.
- All forms of forced labor is prohibited, and employees are entitled to terminate their employment under local law or employment contracts.
- Östberg Group sets apart from all types of child labor. No person under the age of 15 should be employed and in case of particular demanding tasks, the person must be at least 18 years old.
- All discrimination, regardless of ethnicity, color, sex, religion, political opinion, national origin, social origin, age, disability, HIV / AIDS status, union membership, sexual orientation, and physical or mental harassment is strictly prohibited, when employment or occupation. Östberg Group is working proactively and is developing strategies and concrete programs to address discrimination both internally and in the Group’s supply chain.
- Östberg Group supports the precautionary principle regarding environmental risks: “Where there is a threat of serious or irreversible damage, lack of full scientific safety may not be used as a reason for postponing cost-effective measures to prevent environmental damage.”
- Innovative solutions that reduce environmental impact are encouraged and Östberg Group actively taking initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility.
- Östberg Group encourages the development and dissemination of environmentally friendly technologies. Sustainable development is a key word and OEM is working on environmental issues from a preventive perspective.
10. Östberg Group is working against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery, as well as proactively developing strategies and concrete programs to address corruption both internally and in the Group’s supply chain.